The Nigerian government will publish the passports of the first 100 passengers that failed to take their post-arrival COVID-19 tests, effective from January 1, 2021.
The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha made the announcement in Abuja on Tuesday during a briefing.
Mustapha said that the names of the passengers would be published next week, while the suspension of the passports would last for six months.
“Week 52 has so far given us the highest number of infections in a single week to date. Our analysis shows that 16 out of every 100 tests carried out are positive.
“We are also seeing increasing transmission among younger people and this is not considered good and safe. We must, therefore, exercise utmost restraint by taking responsibility,” he said.